Thursday, April 1, 2010

Xbox Customer Service is a Funny Thing

I sent my Xbox 360 Elite in for repair recently and the replacement they sent me arrived with a damaged faceplate. The functionality of the console was in no way affected. I've played several games since I've got it and none have had issues.

I thought I'd let them know about it and see what (if anything) they would do. I called 1 800 4 MY XBOX and let a customer service rep know what happened. I then had to wait about 5 minutes to talk to a supervisor.

The supervisor didn't have much to say. He only asked for my Name, Contact Info, and The Best Time To Reach Me. Today is the fifth day after that initial call and someone finally got in touch with me. I was told that they contacted UPS and that UPS was going to pay for a replacement console. I think this is a bit excessive but I'm super stoked.

I received and email just moments ago stating that they have received the Xbox, and will begin processing my repair. This Xbox is less than 2 ft from me, here in Ohio. At this point, it seems like they are going to let me keep the console that arrived damaged.

This is a Major Win for me, but a pretty Massive Fail for Microsoft. They could have just sent me a new faceplate.

No comments:

Post a Comment